About the client: Our client is a well-known luxury accessories brand, that is looking to hire a Corporate Finance Manager in Dubai, UAE.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: General Manager, Middle East
Role Purpose: The jobholder will be part of the Middle East executive team. The role will be primarily focused on the management, analysis and control of overheads and costs affecting the operations of the business in the region performance in Jimmy Choo.
* Manage financial operations on a day to day basis
* Develop and maintain tight financial control within finance
* Manage change and improvement to the control environment and systems
* Financial responsibility of management and central overheads
* Participate in commercial decision making, challenging and advising on assumptions and conclusions so that the business can make the right financial calls.
* Manage the finance team including accountant and analyst.
* Conduct payroll and other financial reviews against forecast and reports.
* Authorize and control payments to vendors, suppliers and other business needs.
* Manage the company general accountant as a direct report.
* Lead budgeting, planning & forecasting processes
* Forward analysis, review and financial projections
* Business, financial and scenario planning (3-5 years out)
* Critical review of forecasts and budgets
* Guide the GM on financial risks and opportunities
Financial Reporting and Governance
* Compile & review historic/prospective financial results in all its component parts on weekly,
monthly, quarterly and annual cycles
* Manage reporting, including direct communication with finance team
* Ensure year end operates smoothly, managing the local audit relationship
Treasury Management and Compliance
* Manage local cash and cash-flow planning/forecasting
* Manage banking relationships on a day-to-day basis
* Recommend and implement hedging strategy as agreed with Jimmy Choo HQ
* Understand tax & treasury issues to ensure compliance, effective planning and smart use of resources
* Understand and manage local law compliance regulations, including VAT
* Supporting Store Stock Controller with the weekly reconciliation of unverified transfers and negatives reports sent by Head Office
* Communicating any stock issues to Store Manager and proactively help to find solutions
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
* Financial leadership and controllership in an international organisation, operating separate
company businesses, on an end-to-end basis
* Tax and Treasury management
* Detailed analysis/appreciation of operating company performance and potential
* A feel for seasonal/fashion and retail borne of experience
* Commercial awareness
* Knowledge of legal and statutory requirements
* IT/systems at both operational and more strategic level
* How to identify and manage risk through effective internal audit processes
* Understanding and benchmarking market data - customers & trends
* Foreign exchange and treasury issues
* Budgeting, forecasting, cash planning, Balance sheet and cash management
* Management accounting
* Group accounting including local management of external audit process