Head of Digital Payments
Location: Dubai, UAE
As a Digital Payment product leader with this multinational retail franchise, you will be at the helm of all innovation projects which start with the customer at its heart. They are looking for someone with a deep understanding of end customer value to accurately convey their Payments strategy who has experience diving deep into customer metrics, bench marking and reviewing payments data to influence strategic decisions. An attractive candidate will also have a proven track record of delivering results within the banking, fintech or payments industry, and be comfortable liaising with large businesses at C-suite level. In this role a solid network of contacts within the Payments space, including banks, card networks, and processors will be seen as a large advantage.
- Own the Payment Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Establish partnerships with Banks.
- Release new Payment Cards for the company
- Launch eGift Card initiatives
- Lead the Buy now pay later initiative.
- Lead marketing partnership with Payment companies (Mastercard, VISA, Amex, CUP, etc…)
- Define new Payment & Loyalty strategies
- Card transaction fees and cost with cards transactions acquirers
- Overall coordination of payment initiatives
- Manage and lead new projects for Digital Wallets.
- Develop Business Cases and Project Charters for investments in relation to Payments.
- Define Business Requirements and drive business decisions.
- Document and manage risks, mitigations, and control plans.
- Several years of relevant work in payment product management in a global scale retailer or equivalent experience in the Payments industry.
- Experience securing partnerships with complex, sophisticated counter parties in the Payments industry.
- Track record of big thinking and delivery of strategic vision.
- Proven analytical skills and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to manage the business 'by the numbers'. Must be metrics-driven and able to understand complex financial models.
- Experience influencing teams across disciplines (including engineers) to deliver products that customers love.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
- Experience working with a geographically diverse team spread across multiple time zones.
- Experience managing small teams.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dive deep to achieve goals.
- Serve as subject matter expert with content, processes, and procedures associated with the design of efficient and cost effective solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current user experience/website industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in Payments and Digital Wallets
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking background and experience
*Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those suitable for the position will be contacted for consideration.
- Extensive experience in a senior Business and/or Marketing Payment role in a leading multinational environment (target industries include retail, financial services, telecoms, airlines & hospitality)
- Will currently be operating at executive committee minus 2 level
- A data lead individual who can demonstrate excellent Data, Research, Insight, Analytics skills combined with the knowledge of customer analytics techniques
- A charismatic, hands on and high energy individual who leads from the front - collaborative and customer centric.
- High levels of resilience and drive
- Highly emotionally intelligent who can inspire and motivate those around them.
- Excellent influencing skills, well versed in matrix management.
- Strong executive presence.
- Equally comfortable talking to a store staff member or presenting to the Senior Leadership Team
- Strong analytical ability to interpret customer data.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong Knowledge of Credit/Debit products