About our client
Argyll Scott is working with client is one of the leading integrated financial and global IT service provider
Position: IT Infrastructure Architect
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Gather business requirements and create design proposal for targeted customers across APAC region.
- Develop technical infrastructure solutions ensuring the effective design and seamless integration of new solutions into the existing infrastructure platforms, familiar with both On-premise/Private Cloud and Public Cloud platform.
- Provide technical consultancy around infrastructure and architecture design related topics during project implementation to ensure that the deployed solution remains intact with the proposed design proposal.
- Assess, document current state architecture (As-is), and define targeted architecture (To-be) ensuring that the future state designs are according to group security policies, capacity/business growth, scalability, performance, and resiliency requirements.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and assess new technologies/products to develop local Infrastructure roadmaps aligning with Global/Group Infrastructure strategies.
- Bridge a gap on different areas of the infrastructure i.e. hardware, network, and database among internal infrastructure teams(PMs, System Engineers, Network Engineers, DBAs, and Vendors), software development teams, and business users.
- Participate in architecture reviews and/or audits.
- Define and maintain architectural documentation and technology standards, processes, and policies related to core infrastructure.
- When required, provide technical infrastructure support e.g. investigating and resolving implementation issues during implementation phase.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related fields.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in designing and implementing IT infrastructure at scale.
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written to develop technical documentations and presentations in English.
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer's needs and articulate technologies to business stakeholders.
- Analyze current infrastructure architecture state and develop future state design solution in accordance with business requirements, standard best practices, project timeline and, approved/allocated budget.
- Demonstrate project delivery experience with consideration of design and implementation estimates.
- Demonstrate successful proposal experience including developing and presenting technical requirements based on business requirements gathered to the customer up to management levels.
- Hands-on experience in at least 3 technology stacks from the following technologies: VMWare, Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, NGINX, F5, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are desired.
- Hands-on experience and exposure in Public Cloud designing and implementation using AWS and/or Azure.
- Holding AWS or Azure related certifications is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in both Linux and Windows environment.
- Strong technical troubleshooting, analytical skills, creative thinking, and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment as a team member or as a team leader.
- Multi-national and/or cross border project experience is desired
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.