Well established conglomerate, headquartered in HK. They operate on a global scale and have generated a strong revenue last year.
They are continuing their digital transformation with Data as a key practice.
In a large Tech team, the purpose of the role is to oversee the entire Data practice for the whole company. Extremely close to senior stakeholders, you design and convince them to adopt more PoC/business cases in order to support different business units.
Partnering with Software developers, Data engineers and IT support, you also manage vendors who work on the model design and integration.
Projects are regional and are involving offshore resources.
- Anticipate needs and lead implementation of capabilities such as data modelling, algorithms, new technology & partners
- Working closely with stakeholders and end users to understand analytics needs, translate these into projects and determine how best to deliver actionable results
- Communicating clearly and concisely across all levels to gain buy-in to ideas and concepts
- Designing and delivering solutions for a defined Data Science related problem
- Managing the end to end project on the modelling part
- Choosing the right model
- Between 4 and 10 years' experience in Data Science and/or Machine/Deep learning
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with stakeholders at all levels translating technical ideas into simple language
- Ability to connect with senior stakeholders during presentation session
- No preference for the background sector
- Coding abilities at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred) and R
- Good knowledge of Data visualisation tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Understanding of different statistical models and when best to apply these (including Regression Linear & Non-Linear, Bayesian)
- Good Communication (both verbal and written). Writing and speaking skills in English
- Writing and speaking skills in English
Location: Hong Kong - Work from home allowed and encouraged
Start Date: July/August 2021 but open to notice period
- Attractive base salary: up to HKD 72k/ month
- Bonus: 15-20% - 24 annual leaves
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 - Wechat: Paris_Herard for a confidential discussion.